How to Treat Nail Fungus For Guaranteed Comfort?
If you’re looking for how to treat nail fungus you may attempt over-the-counter remedies first, rather than seeing a doctor or obtaining prescribed medication. If you have developed the mildest fungal infections these remedies will respond effectively to you.
As with many other forms of fungal infection, nail fungus cannot be cured quickly. That’s because a damaged nail necessitates the growth of a new one. Up to 12 months may pass before the nail grows back.
How to treat nail fungus and how long it takes to heal depends on the severity of the infection and how quickly your nails grow. While several at-home treatments will temporarily improve the appearance of the nail, the fungus won’t be eliminated unless the old, unhealthy nail is removed and replaced with a new, healthy one.
Try any of these risk-free at-home treatments for toenail fungus:
1. Garlic To Treat Fungus
Garlic is a powerful natural antibacterial agent and is a proven anti-fungal home treatment. Applying minced garlic on fungal nails for 30 minutes once a day for a week can treat the condition. In order to avoid getting a chemical burn, raw garlic should be consumed with prudence at all times.
If you don’t want to apply garlic mince then ask your pharmacist about garlic pills they will also help get healed.
Garlic pills also help to;
- Reduce the risk of insect bites
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease,
- and some malignancies as well.
Garlic supplements shouldn’t be utilized by persons;
- Who have stomach ulcers,
- Digestive issues,
- or Blood illnesses.
(This could affect the efficacy of birth control drugs. Consult a doctor before consuming garlic pills orally.)
2. Cornmeal Treatment
Cornmeal truly has some antifungal properties. If you suffer from fungus on nails, try applying cornmeal to them once a week.
The cornmeal treatment may be used as a paste or soaked in water for possible outcomes. Making a paste out of cornmeal and warm water is straightforward;
- Simply mix the two in a small pot.
- Wait until the paste has cooled before placing it on your feet.
- You should give it an hour of your time.
Cornmeal may be used as a soak if you fill a small jar with approximately an inch’s worth. Cornmeal may be prepared by adding an inch of warm water and letting it rest for an hour, at which point it will have blended on its own. Then, after an hour, fill a dish with warm water to cover your nail area and soak it for another hour.
3. Baking Soda (Toe Fungus)
To cure a damaged nail, immerse your foot in a baking soda solution. When blended with water, baking soda may be administered directly to the foot. Now, Apply the paste to your foot, and let it there for 10-20 minutes. Then, remove it with warm water and pat your foot dry. For effective toe fungal treatment:
- Sprinkle a little quantity of baking soda on the shoes.
- Softly shake them to spread the powder.
- After leaving the shoes to rest for at least 24 hours
- hake off the residual baking soda.
Baking soda may be applied to the foot to see if it helps. You should apply baking soda to dry feet and then change into a clean pair of socks so that the baking soda may absorb any more moisture from your feet while its antifungal capabilities do their work.
4. Vinegar as Antifungal Solution
Apple cider vinegar is another at-home remedy for nail fungus. A mixture of water and vinegar might serve as an effective antifungal soak. The acetic acid in it has the potential to lighten discolored nails, and the infection won’t spread to other fingers.
- Soak your nails daily for 20 minutes in a solution of one part vinegar to two parts warm water.
- Essential oils may be added to a combination of the aroma gets too strong.
- White vinegar may be used instead of baking soda to have the same effects.
5. Black Tea Soak
A nail fungus infection may respond well to a tea soak. The tannic acid included in black tea has been shown to be effective in reducing perspiration by drying wet skin, killing germs, and shutting pores.
- Put two quarts of water on to boil.
- Put in five or six tea bags.
- After cooling, soak your nails in the solution for half an hour.
- You may use this soak whenever you desire.