Finishing a gel manicure and admiring your freshly manicured nails is one of life’s greatest pleasures. The amazing glossiness is, of course, due to the Top Coat that was applied.
If you’re interested to know that Can you use regular nail polish with gel top coat?”, the answer is “yes.” Please read on if you are curious in this topic. luckily..
We cover all you need to know about switching to gel top coat over regular polish and answer your primary concerns. Let’s start with Can You Use Regular Nail Polish With Gel Top Coat!
Can You Use Regular Nail Polish With Gel Top Coat?
Can You Use Regular Nail Polish With Gel Top Coat? is a yes and know at the same time because you need to let it dry off first, and if you don’t wait it’s a no! You may use a gel top coat over regular polish.
The typical length of time necessary for polish to dry completely is twenty-four hours. In addition, if you think it’s dry after less than 24 hours, this might be a trap!
Therefore, it may have dents and folds in it. If, on the other hand, we choose for gel polish, the process takes much less time, between 30 and 60 seconds.
So you can immediately wear a gel top coat after applying it. But in case of regular polish you have to wait as long as it gets dries.
How to Apply Gel Top Coat Over Regular Polish
Below are the steps and tips you may follow to give your regular polish a gelish finish look. Take a look;
- One of the first things on your list is to get your nails ready.
- Then, wash your nails with rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad, followed by pushing back cuticles and filing nails.
- Then, Paint your nails with two thin coats of standard nail polish, applied in the usual manner (Practice by me).
- You should wait until the polish is completely dry before adding the gel top coat.
- If you don’t give your nail polish enough time to cure before applying a gel top coat, the paint will shrink and wrinkle.
- Now that your nail paint has dried completely, you may apply a thin layer of gel top coat over your nail polish; however, you must cap the edges.
- After curing your gel top coat under UV or Led Lamps as advised by the maker of your gel top coat,.
- Remember to apply rubbing alcohol to remove the tacky or sticky film that was left behind.
Let’s know about why we should use gel top coat over regular polish followed by Can You Use Regular Nail Polish With Gel Top Coat?
Why It Is A Worth To Use A Gel Topcoat With Regular Nail Polish?
After, you’ve read about Can You Use Regular Nail Polish With Gel Top Coat? It’s time to learn that why you should wear a gel top coat over regular polish. Many nail polish geeks suggest for the usage of a gel top coat even if you’re wearing regular nail polish. Since it keeps the manicure from chipping and improves the shiny look of your manicure. Additionally, it simplifies the application process.
Gel polishes are fantastic since they give the nails a glossy finish being too pricey, they last for weeks without chipping, and they don’t peel.
For this reason, many fashion-conscious women apply a gel top coat to extend the life of their regular nail polish. They want to find an alternative to expensive gel nail polish that is nonetheless glossy and long-lasting.
Why You Shouldn’t Use Gel Basecoat With Regular Nail Polish
Understand that the base coat is there to act as a glue for the nail polish and help it stick to the nail plate. If you use a base coat before applying nail paint, the polish will help the base coat adhere to the nail plate more securely.
However, normal nail polishes are unable to properly anchor or bond with the gel base coat since gel base coats have an entirely different chemical composition.
In addition, the nail polish may crack and flake off the nail more rapidly due to the poor bonding.
If you have satisfied with the answer to Can You Use Regular Nail Polish With Gel Top Coat? you’ll might like other stuff as well. Happy reading!