How to Take Off Acrylic Nails Without Damaging your Nail Bed
This write-up is a detailed answer to”How to take off acrylic nails?”. It’s not difficult to take off acrylic nails from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a method and a few tools to get started. One should be very patient while conducting this operation so that one does not harm the natural nails below by rushing through it.
To begin, it is advised that you visit a salon to have them removed by a skilled nail technician, but you may also do this at home, learn how to take off acrylic nails at your home.
How to Take off Acrylic Nails at home in no time?
Meanwhile, I have mentioned how to take off acrylic nails in no time I still don’t mean that in no time. It’s obviously going to take an hour or two out of your precious time. You also can get bored of it so turn on the tv and go for your favorite tv show to get rid of your boredom and set up your nail salon at home, this time be your own nail technician.
There is more than one method for how to take off acrylic nails at home. We’re going to discuss two of the easy methods.
- Take off your acrylics using acetone.
- Use vinegar to remove your acrylics easily.
1 # Take off acrylic nails using acetone
If your nails are in a bad growing state and you are in immediate need to get them removed you can do it at the comfort of your home nail salon. But be cautious, be patient and have full information about how to take off acrylic nails at home easily.
You should be available with the below essentials;
- Cotton Balls.
- Pure Acetone.
- Proper technique &
- Enough time
Warm acetone works better than regular but is cautious acetone is flammable. Just hold the acetone bottle under a hot water tap for some time and get it warmed.
How to take off your acrylics using acetone?
If you have decided to take off your acrylics at home using acetone and have prepared the mentioned things already this is time to start the procedure. Now, take a deep breath enjoy the tv show that you have turned on, be calm, and be patient.
- Cut the access of your acrylics nearer to your natural nails using a nail cutter.
- Now, rough up the surface of the polish using any good nail buffer to make its shine disappear (Topcoat removal helps the procedure boost using acetone)
- Wrap your nails in a cotton ball and soak them in acetone poured in a bowl or other pot for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now use a cuticle pusher preferably a piece of metal for pushing off the nail polish (Remove it in a downward direction starting from cuticles)
- Now, soak again your nails in the acetone for another 5 minutes or until your acrylics are completely taken off.
- Wipe away the remaining pieces with the help of nail buffer and you are done. Now massage cuticle oil to make them stay hydrated.
- Preferably go for massaging 2 to 3 layers of cuticle oil.
2 # Take Off You Acrylics using Vinegar:
Using rubbing alcohol and vinegar in 1:1 quantity you can easily take off your acrylics at home. But, it’s just the case if you have fake nails acrylics if you have hard acrylics on your nails don’t try this procedure it won’t work. You need to be patient with this procedure and it will take you one hour easily. For taking off your acrylics using vinegar you need the below essentials;
- A cup of white home vinegar
- A cup of rubbing alcohol.
- A bowl for mixing the solutions.
- Cotton Balls.
- Your time and patience
How to Use Vinegar to Take off Acrylics?
Vinegar when used with the same quantity of rubbing alcohol breaks the nail glue which was used to apply acrylics. But still, this procedure requires your humbleness and calmness. Learn how to take off acrylic nails with this procedure at your home;
- Firstly, you need to cut access of your acrylic nails using a nail cutter as you did in the procedure when you did it using acetone.
- Now, you need a cup or 250ml of rubbing alcohol with the same quantity of white home vinegar (make it 1:1 in ratio)
- Then wrap your nails in cotton balls and dip in the alcohol-vinegar solution for about 20 to 30 minutes. Next, you have to wash your hands with cold water using soap.
- Use a tweezer with a cuticle pusher again preferably a piece of metal to push and gently push them off as they were softened in the solution to their extreme.
- At this step surely, you’ll have removed your acrylics completely.
- Now have some cuticle oil and massage on your nails and cuticles to make them stay hydrated (you can also use vegetable oil instead of cuticle oil)
Here goes the video for how to take off acrylic nail to make you do it properly at home.
Q: How to take off acrylic nails at home?
A: How to take off acrylic nails at home using pure acetone requires a few tools or a vinegar-rubbing alcohol solution with proper advice.
Q: How to take off acrylic nails off quickly?
A: Soaking your nails while getting them wrapped in cotton balls in acetone is the quickest answer for how to take acrylic nails off .
Q: How to take off acrylic nails at home without acetone?
A: If you don’t have acetone and you want to remove your acrylics at home don’t worry take 1:1 of rubbing alcohol and vinegar and take your acrylics off easily.
We conclude that the best option for taking off acrylics is visiting a salon where you can get them taken off with the help of a professional nail technician. But there are times when you cannot visit salons like in the covid pandemic as we are aware that the virus is again in town.
This time be your own nail technician and make your procedure going likewise.
We have mentioned two of the easiest ways to take off acrylics at home without getting any harm.
Try these procedures at home and write a comment that how well was your attempt and how much this article has helped you out.