Going to a salon is not only a solution to get your manicure or if you want to take off your old manicures. You can get gel polish off from comfort of your home. It does not involve science and no tools or ingredients that one can find difficult to buy.
You can simply buy tools to take off gel polish from any departmental store or you can find it at home. The next step is how to get gel polish off at home.
Below are the best methods for how to get gel polish off.
How to Get Gel Polish Off – Best Methods
I have enlisted the 3 best methods to answer your question about how to get gel polish off at home. Read the recipes out and pick a procedure for you.
1. File To Get Your Gel Polish Off
Filing your Top Coat and then coloring part of gel polish is an easy and safe way how to get gel polish off. When you do it with a fine-grit nail file it does not harm your natural nails in any way.
Learn how to get your gel polish off using a nail filer.
- Nail file 100 - 180 grits
- Cotton balls
- A bowl to pour solvent
- Rubbing alcohol or white vinegar
- Cuticle oil or essential oil
- Pick up youre fine grit nail file.
- Use the nail file gently on your gel polish nails to remove the Top Coat.
- Once youll remove the Top Coat wipe its dusty residue with the help of a paper towel.
- Use the side of the file which is 100 grit to remove the pigmentation from your nail.
- When the colored part is finally taken off the 180 grit side of the nail file to buff and smoothen out the nail surface.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol or white vinegar into a bowl and soak some cotton bolls into it.
- Now pick the cotton balls and wipe away the base coat from your nail. Do it with care so cotton threads do not remain there.
- Now apply some cuticle oil to avoid dehydration caused by rubbing alcohol.
2. How to get Gel Polish Off Using Nail Polish Remover
Nail polish remover is solvents that are specially made for taking off your polishes. But, better you go for the above method its a long process but it is safer than using polish remover. These solvents cause brittleness to your nails. Anyways if you still want to know how to take off gel polish using polish remover here goes the process.
- Fine grit nail file.
- Petroleum jelly.
- Nail polish remover.
- Cuticle pusher.
- Take the fine grit file and file away the top coat of our polish.
- Wipe away the wipe residue of nail filing with the help of a paper towel.
- Use a wipe to soak in polish remover and apply to your nails.
- Wait till the polish molecules swell and start breaking out.
- It will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now take a cuticle pusher and start pushing your polish from your nails.
- Apply cuticle oil and enjoy.
3. How to get Gel Polish Off Using, Detergent, Oil, and Hot Water Mixture
If your manicure is too old and your gel polish is about to peel off only then I can recommend this procedure to you. Learn the procedure.
- A bowl to make a mixture.
- Hot water.
- Oil (any)
- Take a big bowl.
- Fill the bowl up with hot water.
- Add some quantity of detergent or soap into the water.
- Stir the mixture well to get foam.
- Now add some oil into that mixture.
- Massage some Vaseline on your cuticles.
- Soak your nails inside that mixture for 10 to 15 minutes
- Now take your hands out of the mixture.
- Wipe them with a paper towel.
- Now take some cloth to take the gel polish off.
- After removing the polish completely wash your hands and apply some cuticle oil.
Q: How do you Remove Gel Nail Polish from your Nails?
A: Wait for your nails to grow out when you have applied gel polish to avoid any skin irritation caused by using chemicals to take off and when they grow out cut the access to them.
Also, you can use hot water mixed with some detergent and oil to soak your nails in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes to get your gel polish just in case its old.
Q: What is Nail Polish Remover?
Q: How to Get Gel Polish Off Without Damaging Cuticles?
A: Have some amount of petroleum jelly applied on your cuticles or a few drops of cuticle oil to construct a seal on your cuticles which makes it safe of the procedure you apply on your nails. It does not impact your cuticles then and your cuticles remain safe throughout the procedure.
Q: Why and How to Apply Petroleum Jelly on Cuticles?
A: Acetone can speed up the process to take off your gel polish with ease. Soak some cotton balls in acetone and wrap them around your fingernails and secure them with small pieces of aluminum foil. Stay it intact with the gel polish then remove after 2-3 minutes and wipe away your polish. But, using acetone on your natural nails is not recommended. But to save your cuticles from damage apply petroleum jelly to cuticles and let them absorb. Then do the acetone procedure
When you apply gel polish you have to take some time from your nails. People keep on searching for the best ways to do things. We also found them searching for how to get gel polish off.
To satisfy their concerns about how to get gel polish off I have enlisted the more secure ways of doing it.
We strive on the internet to find the best ways for doing things to benefit our valuable readers. We love it when they read our writeups and ensure theyre doing the right things. How to get gel polish off was a most asked question so weve mentioned more than one way to do it at home.